All Teachers College programs are registered with New York State Education Department.
Teachers College is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education.
Teacher preparation and school leadership programs are nationally accredited with the Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP, formerNCATE).
Programs in areas with specific outside accrediting bodies also have accreditation from those entities. Specialized accreditors include:
- American Psychological Association (Counseling Psychology, Clinical Psychology and School Psychology doctoral programs)
- American Speech-Hearing-Language Association (Speech and Language Pathology)
- Applied Behavior Analysis International (Applied Behavior Analysis)
- Association for Childhood Educators International (Elementary Inclusive programs)
- Association for Sport and Physical Education (Physical Education)
- Commission on Accreditation for Diabetics Education (Nutrition Education)
- Council for Exceptional Children (Special Education programs)
- Council on the Education of the Deaf (Education of the Deaf and Hard of Hearing)
- Educational Leadership Constituents Council (Education Leadership)
- International Reading Association (Literacy Specialist)
- International Society for Technology in Education (Technology Specialist)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children (Early Childhood programs)
- National Association of School Psychologists (School Psychology)
- National Council for the Social Studies (Teaching of Social Studies)
- National Council of Teachers of English (Teaching of English)
- National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (Mathematics Education)
- National Science Teacher Association (Science Education)
- TESOL (Teaching of English to Speakers of Other Languages)